Here at St. Paul’s we are:
Everything here is focused on the love God has shown through Jesus Christ His Son.
We believe the Bible contains what God’s Holy Spirit spoke through the prophets in ancient times and later through God’s son and apostles. Therefore, we teach only what they first taught so that everyone who will listen comes to know God.
St. Paul is a place for the entire family to come worship God, study His word and have fellowship with one another. The focus is in part lived out by activities such as potlucks, hayrides, and conversational dinners. Between worship services there are Bible studies for all ages along with a nursery for those too young to participate.
Christ told His followers: “go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”(Matthew 28th chapter) As Christ followers, this is what we intend to do.
What is the mission of this church?
The mission statement of St. Paul Lutheran Church is:
To know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord,
to grow in faith through His Sacraments and Word,
and to go with His love into our community and world.
What does this mean?
It means that St. Paul Lutheran Church will:
- Equip and encourage its members to spread the Gospel in the Ames area and throughout the world as commanded by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ ( Mathew 28:18-20)
- Minister to the spiritual needs of its members of all ages and to encourage their Christian growth
- Encourage a family-centered focus to the church life:
- By preaching and teaching the Word of God
- By regularly administering the Sacraments
- By providing Christian education programs for all ages according to the confessional standard of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- By providing programs and activities that encourage Christian fellowship within the family and between members
- Recognize the importance of physical and emotional needs
- Encourage the active participation of all members in the life and work of the congregation.
We are a Christian congregation with values and beliefs as summarized above. If you are new to the Ames community,
or are looking for a new church home,
we welcome you to St. Paul Lutheran.
Join us as we grow in Christ together.
We are a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) since its teachings are faithful to the scriptures and are spoken in love.